Important Questions to Ask During Your LASIK Consultation
- Posted on: Jun 8 2013
For those ready to explore laser vision correction for the first time, the initial step is often to schedule a consultation with an ophthalmologist in your area. An important opportunity to learn more about the LASIK procedure, your one-on-one consultation is an important opportunity to have any and all of your questions answered. And, because we know that the best LASIK patients are well-informed patients, we wanted to share a few questions for you to ask your surgeon during your first appointment. Ready to find out more?
Here is our list of a few important questions to ask during your LASIK consultation:
- How long have you been practicing refractive surgery? When it comes to laser vision correction, experience matters. Be sure your surgeon has several years of experience performing LASIK and performs the procedure regularly.
- Are you Board Certified? To ensure the highest level of care, it is important that your surgeon has been Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. These are individuals who have demonstrated knowledge and experience above and beyond ordinary medical school.
- What types of results can I expect? The results of LASIK — like any procedure — can vary from patient to patient. Be sure your surgeon is setting realistic goals and is willing to explain all the potential benefits and risks of the procedure.
- What type of post-operative care can I expect? A qualified LASIK surgeon will continue to support you well beyond the day of your surgery. Be sure your doctor provides comprehensive aftercare, including regular post-operative examinations.
- What kind of LASIK equipment does your practice use? Not all LASIK procedures are created equal. Offering what many consider the “gold standard” in laser vision correction, our practice offers a fully-customized, bladeless procedure, relying on a precise femtosecond laser and the WaveLight® Allegretto Wave® excimer laser system.
Laser Eye Surgery Consultation
Tagged with: Laser Eye Surgery
Posted in: LASIK