Informed Patients | Top 5 Lasik Questions Revealed
- Posted on: Sep 5 2012
When patients are exploring laser vision correction for the first time, often they’ll be facing a laundry list of questions. While the process can seem overwhelming at first, rest assured that LASIK is not as confusing as you might think. And, understanding that the best patients are informed patients, we thought we would take a moment to answer some of the most popular questions among patients. Want to know what LASIK is really all about?
Here are today’s Top 5 Lasik Questions Revealed:
- How does LASIK work? LASIK is a refractive eye surgery used to safely and effectively improve vision in those suffering from nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. Using special light energy, the procedure works to reshape the eye’s cornea, correcting “refractive errors,” and allowing the patient to see more clearly.
- Is LASIK painful? Many folks are surprised to learn that LASIK is actually a “relatively painless” procedure. With patient comfort as a primary concern, numbing eye drops are administered before the procedure. Most often, the only sensation patients report is a slight pressure.
- Is LASIK safe? LASIK is real surgery and like any real surgery, there are some risks involved. That being said, complications from LASIK are rare and almost always treatable. Rest assured that the potential benefits and risks of LASIK will be discussed during your consultation.
- Am I too old for LASIK? Likely not! Today’s research shows that laser eye surgery is effectively helping patients in their 40s, 50s and even 60s. In fact, citing a recent study published in journal, Ophthalmology, WebMD explains that when it comes to LASIK, “Patients in their 60s were just as likely to have good outcomes as those in their 40s and 50s.”
- Am I a candidate for LASIK? Since there are certain eligibility requirements for patients – such as corneal thickness and good eye health – the best way to find out if LASIK is right for you is to come in for a consultation. There, we can discuss the procedure at length and you can have all your remaining questions answered.
Schedule a LASIK Consultation Today
See what you’ve been missing! To find out what LASIK eye surgery can do for you, contact us today and schedule your consultation. Our offices are conveniently located in Lynwood, Downey, La Habra and Whittier. We look forward to meeting with you soon!
Posted in: LASIK