Understanding Laser Vision Correction | 5 Reasons to Explore LASIK Today
- Posted on: Jan 2 2013
Laser eye surgery has completely changed the way people think about modern vision correction. An effective and time-tested answer to nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, LASIK uses leading-edge laser technology to reshape corneal tissue, correct refractive errors and help patients see more clearly.
LASIK is also a procedure that patients tend to put off, often due to misplaced fear or a misunderstanding of the procedure, itself. And, because we believe so strongly in laser vision correction, we wanted to share a bit of information with our patients and highlight some of the most important advantages of this cutting-edge procedure. Are you ready to find out what LASIK is really all about?
Here are 5 Reasons to Explore LASIK Today:
- Reduce your dependence on eyeglasses and contacts. The goal of any LASIK procedure is to improve vision and reduce a patient’s dependence on corrective lenses. For many, this can mean an end to lost eyeglasses, cleaning contacts and the hassle of living with corrective lenses.
- Patient comfort is a high priority. Many folks mistakenly assume that their LASIK procedure will be painful or uncomfortable. In reality – and with the aid of numbing eye drops – most patients report nothing more than a slight pressure during the surgery.
- A safe procedure. For patients concerned with the safety of laser vision correction, rest assured that LASIK procedures have been routinely performed in the US for well over a decade. And, while there are always some surgical risks to discuss and consider, understand that LASIK is now the most commonly performed elective surgery in America.
- High patient satisfaction. For our practice, the success of any procedure is measured in patient satisfaction. And, as one of the most trusted eye procedures to date, The Eye Surgery Education Council reports that “LASIK vision correction has the highest patient satisfaction rate of any elective surgery: 95.4%, according to a 10-year survey of scientific studies from around the world.”
- Effective in older patients. For those who think they are too old for laser vision correction, it may be time to give LASIK another look! According to WebMD – and citing a recent study published in journal, Ophthalmology – “Patients in their 60s were just as likely to have good outcomes as those in their 40s and 50s.”
Schedule a LASIK Consultation Today
To learn more about LASIK or any of the services we offer, we encourage you to contact us and schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Lynwood, Downey, La Habra and Whittier. Book your appointment today — we look forward to meeting you.
Posted in: LASIK