Should I buy eyeglasses online?
- Posted on: Feb 15 2020
Eyeglasses can be an investment in one’s vision. Corrective lenses are common in patients of all ages. When it comes to purchasing new eyeglasses, most patients can expect to shell out a few hundred dollars between their eye exam, frames, and lenses. Because of the expense, many patients in the area of Southern California have bene considering purchasing their eyewear for less through online companies. However, Dr. H. John Shammas of Shammas Eye Medical Center strongly advises against this.
What are the downfalls of eyeglasses purchased online?
There are many reasons why our team of professionals do not support the purchasing of frames and lenses at online retailers. Below are just a few of these concerns that are brought to light by eye physicians in the area:
- Patients do not have the ability to try on the frames to see if they like the fit, comfort, and overall appearance of their new eyewear.
- Patients who purchase eyewear online often bring them to the practice of Dr. H. John Shammas because they are not properly correcting their vision or they are not adjusted correctly.
- Children who purchase glasses online may be impacting their eyesight negatively, which is critical in the early years to ensure proper performance at school.
- Eyewear purchased online is often made of poor quality materials and may be easy to break or damage with routine care.
- Patients are unable to measure the distance between pupils which can impact the functionality of the glasses as well as the sharpness of a patient’s vision when wearing eyewear.
- Many online stores do not accept vision insurance, which can impact overall cost for poor quality eyeglasses.
Ready to learn more about purchasing eyewear with our team?
Contact Dr. H. John Shammas and his team at Shammas Eye Medical Center today to schedule a consultation appointment and initial examination. With the care and attention of our experienced staff, patients can rest easy that their investment in quality lenses will pay off with years of proper vision. We encourage new patients to come into our practice to see what they can achieve with an eye physician.
Posted in: Optical Services